Doctor of Business Administration
Inquire for more information:
Kelsey Metz | Graduate and Professional Recruiting Coordinator
Program Mission and Objectives
The mission of the Doctor of Business Administration program is to create a doctoral learning opportunity for business professionals in Appalachia. Through qualified and experienced faculty, students will be provided the skills necessary to advance the practice of business in a diverse and evolving global economy, to further the body of knowledge and research, and to balance the pursuit of prosperous business practices.
- Develop the knowledge and analytical capability to lead an organization in adapting, evolving, and learning in an ever-changing environment.
- Acquire and apply knowledge of behavioral, policy, and strategic issues to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Facilitate and communicate advanced analytic and problem solving capabilities grounded in sound academic and practical research.
Anticipated Program Attributes
- Program designed for working professionals
- A comprehensive 57 credit hour program
- Up to 12 foundational credit hours may be waived for applicants with an MBA or equivalent
- Courses will be a mix of flipped-traditional, hybrid and online courses
- Tuition is currently estimated at $48,570 for the program, with no additional charge for out-of-state students
The program is located in downtown Knoxville, TN at the LMU Duncan School of Law complex.
*All School of Business programs are regionally accredited through SACSCOC. The School of Business has not yet sought accreditation through ACBSP for DBA.
Graduate & Professional Programs Fact Sheet